Caption: Plan of the fortifications at Île-aux-Noix 1759-1760
The fortifications shown on this plan of Île-aux-Noix were not completed, notably to the north. In the south, the bottom half of the fort shown with six bastions was built by the French in 1760 as a large semi-circular artillery battery instead. The British batteries (not shown) were built on the eastern shore (left) of the Richelieu River and bombarded the French works from 16 to 20 August 1760. The French troops then slipped away at night.
- Date modified: