Caption: View of the port and town of Louisbourg in August 1744
The waterfront of the busy port of Louisbourg is seen during August 1744. A variety of ships are shown, including a warship of the Marine royale française in the right foreground. The large building in the background is the King's Bastion barracks. Soldiers lived in the right wing, while the governor's quarters and Saint-Louis chapel were in the left wing. Reconstruction by Lewis Parker.
- Date modified: